Monday, September 27, 2010

A Crafty Weekend

Good morning to you! Hope you had a relaxing weekend. I spent much of my time crafting for this upcoming weekend's festivities and I had a blast doing it! I started work on the party hats, the mustache sticks, a polka dot garland (155 circles later...), and a wreath for the front door. I snapped a few pictures of the process and much of these goodies will continue to be fluffed and fringed over the course of this week. And after making a pot of delicious apple cider, the huz and I worked on our new art wall, inspired by this fantastic site. Those much loved blik stickers came down after 3 long years and my dusty art collected from here, there and everywhere (as far back as 15 years) went up, bursting it's frames with pride. The fall is winding it's way into our home... starting with this giant canvas found at a garage sale over the summer. It reminds us of a piece that might be found on a wall above the fireplace in Phil's grand parent's log cabin (completely hypothetical situation and place but I'm sure you would all agree with this assessment - any grand parent's cabin would work). However I just love it's tacky awesomeness. Just do. What's happening to me?

Let's start with crafties...


Party hats -
I started off with cheap party hats as my base and embellished from there. I used these fabulous directions found at cakewalk, but added the hat base and eventually a little pom at the tippy top. 



Mustache on a stick - 
I know the whole stache phenomenon is in full swing and I've seen the funny photos all over the place to prove it. But I thought it may not have been done in Green Bay (and my family and friends won't be tired of it yet) and I'd love to be the first to give it a go. You'll find them at Elliot's party in the little man photo booth. I just cut these free hand (off of a picture at etsy) out of felt and hot glued them to popsicle sticks. Unbelievably simple!


Polka dot garland -
I saw this sweet garland at Purl Bee and it seemed easy enough, so I thought I'd try it. I've been working quite a bit with felt as of late and I think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread! All those wonderful colors and the most brilliant felty projects to try (flowers - check, pillows, tooth fairy pouches). This is just the beginning...



I had a base for my wreath from a previous Christmas and I purchased a leafy berry garland over the weekend for $6.50. Just grabbed some fishing line and around and around I went! Now I just need a wreath hook. 


Art wall before-
The stickers are coming down and the art is strewn about. 


My not-so-happy huz attempts to hang a very heavy framed canvas. We've had some issues in the past with hanging things and have several *large holes in the walls to prove it (*not human sized holes but rather screw sized ... thankfully :). Needless to say, this is one of his least favorite things to do. So thank you my love.


While we worked, little E played.


So all in all, lots of fun. Many more "after" pics to come. 

2 comments:

  1. So exited to see all the arts and crafts in the making. But can't hide my disappointment when much anticipated " Sundays outfit " was not on display. Get to it girl :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
xx Kirsty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...